Join us online!
Next radio broadcasts
- Monday May 10th, 7:30-8:30pm Central: Jonathan and Meg are joined by Tim Macdonald and Nicky McConkey (two fiddle, viola, and guitar) to play for the next virtual Chicago barn dance. Lisa Greenleaf will be calling! Email email@example.com for more information, or just tune in here for the audio!
- Friday May 14th, noon-1pm Central: Listen to tunes from I’ll Get To It When I Have The Time, original compositions (Part 1) by Frank Ferrel, contra dance musician extraordinaire! Originally sightread on fiddle (and later accompanied on piano) by Jonathan Whitall.
- Friday May 14th, evening: It’s Spring Dance Romance weekend! Supertrad provides the music; Meg Dedolph calls.
- Saturday May 15th, 10-11am Central: Jonathan continues sightreading from Frank Ferrel’s new publication I’m A Yankee Doodle Dandy.
- Saturday May 15th, evening: It’s Spring Dance Romance weekend! The Cosmic Otters provide the music; Wendy Graham calls.
During the pandemic, Jonathan and Eric have been running sound for virtual dances across the country, helping performers sound their best and enabling dancers to make the most of quarantine. They’ve been having a lot of fun bringing community together and making connections.
Sometimes Zoom decides to reduce the quality of the audio stream from the performers, and the result can be an unsatisfying listening experience. Or you may not have the strongest Internet which may result in choppy, inconsistent music. The sound tech, however, always gets high-quality audio from the performers because they are mixing the sound before sending it into Zoom, giving them the “best seat in the house.” Now, with the help of Internet broadcasting, Jonathan and Eric invite you to hear what they hear. Just touch the Play button below during a dance that they are running sound for! (Note that the audio will be about 5-15 seconds behind the video of the meeting.)
Join us right here on the Cosmic Otters Radio station!